BOOK LAUNCH IN INDIA
The Sari Shop Widow was launched in India and the Indian subcontinent in October 2012 by Fingerprint Publishing, an imprint of Prakash Books India Pvt Ltd. The early reviews look great. The eBook version is now available in all e-formats including Kindle, iPad and all other tablets.
Reviews for The Sari Shop Widow -
"The descriptions in the book are not run-of-the-mill. . . (The Sari Shop Widow) lends that slight touch of freshness that the romance genre so badly requires."
- nascentemissions.com on The Sari Shop Widow
"What (The Sari Shop Widow) has done is make me want to pick other books by the same author and read them. . . Her writing style is pretty unique and characters are very well-developed."
– Flipitall.com on The Sari Shop Widow
"Thumbs up for Shobhan Bantwal’s The Sari Shop Widow."
- Yatin Gupta on The Sari Shop Widow
"The author is capable of aptly penning down the growth of a romance and the alternating point of views was a welcome facet of (The Sari Shop Widow). Bantwal has efficiently depicted Anjali’s predicament and her mindset as she journeys through uncharted territory."
- Indian Book Reviews on The Sari Shop Widow
An exciting blend of Indian-American culture with an unconventional story - The Reluctant Matchmaker. When petite Meena Shenoy finds herself irresistibly attracted to her strikingly tall boss, Prajay Nayak, a man who's determined to find a statuesque bride to complement his remarkable height, how can Meena convince him that she is his perfect soul-mate? Is Meena tough enough to make some sacrifices to win over the giant she loves?
Advance praise for The Reluctant Matchmaker -
"Bantwal pairs romance with her trademark taste of how Indian expatriates live in New Jersey, complete with family dynamics and tensions between different ethinic groups."
- Publisher's Weekly on The Reluctant Matchmaker
"The Reluctant Matchmaker is a very entertaining and easy read. A real page turner."
– Book Pleasures on The Reluctant Matchmaker
"This was a thoroughly enjoyable novel... in this story, family, culture and tradition are intertwined with individual aspirations, goals, and dreams... a perfectly absorbing and engaging read."
- Coffee Time Romance on The Reluctant Matchmaker
"The plot is light and fun, with just enough romance to give you warm fuzzy feelings inside."
- San Francisco Book Review on The Reluctant Matchmaker
* The Dowry Bride won the “Golden Leaf Award” for best first book.
* The Unexpected Son won the “National Indie Excellence Award” for best multi-cultural fiction.
* The Full Moon Bride won the “Coffee Time Romance Reviewer’s Award” for excellence in romantic fiction.
"The Full Moon Bride is a story that will not only immerse the reader in the Indian culture...but will also grab the reader emotionally... Such is Bantwal's ability to tell a wonderful story"
- Pamela Kramer, Examiner.com on The Full Moon Bride
"Yet another cross-cultural delight by this author."
-Chicago Examiner on The Unexpected Son
"Shobhan Bantwal paints a vivid picture of life in Little India with her colorful descriptions...and characters who will worm their way into your heart."
- Book Reporter on The Sari Shop Widow
"Beautifully written, with realistic dialogue and characters who will make your heart ache at times."
- Romance Reviews Today on The Forbidden Daughter
"An amazing story of modern India. I nominate The Dowry Bride as a Book Sense Pick."
- The Kaleidoscope/BookSense on The Dowry Bride
To buy Shobhan's books in INDIA, click on any of these bookseller websites:
Multicultural Fiction (10:00 AM)
Blurring the Lines Between Genres (2:30 PM).